Xeomin® is the latest option in neuromodulators, which are used to relax facial muscles that lead to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.* Like BOTOX®, Xeomin® contains botulinum type A, which blocks nerve activity in select muscles.* Unlike its predecessor, Xeomin® does not contain proteins that may make the product ineffective for a small number of patients. Foreign accessory proteins are not necessary to the function of the drug. The benefit of XEOMIN’s® “naked”, pure-form means users have a lower chance of developing resistance (antibodies) that can limit its desired effects.
Xeomin works best on the same treatment areas as BOTOX®:
- Glabellar Lines – vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows (frown lines)*
- Horizontal forehead creases*
- Periorbital Lines – fine lines in the outer corners of the eye (crow’s feet)*
- Smokers or vertical lip lines – that run vertically on the upper and lower lips*
- Brow lift – strategically placed injections of Xeomin can cause the lateral brow to be raised, opening the eyes, decreasing hooding, without undergoing a browlift.*